Sexual abuse is a growing problem, not just in the world, but in the Church. Statistics reveal that 1 in 3 girls, and 1 in 5 boys will be sexually abused by age 18. The Church of the Nazarene has adopted a ZERO TOLERANCE Policy for sexual misconduct, that must be enforced at the local church level.
NazareneSafe exists to equip local churches in enforcing that policy, and creating safe environments for God’s family. NazareneSafe is the toolbox to help you build a safe, protected church. Every NEI Church must become a NazareneSafe Church!
WHAT SHOULD WE DO?
Visit NazareneSafe.org and implement a 5-Part Safety System:
#1 Sexual Abuse Awareness Training
- Visit the Nazarene approved company, Ministry Safe, for training: https://ministrysafe.com/
- Use the training video resources purchased by the Church of the Nazarene available for free: Nazarene Media Library/ Nazarene Safe
- See "Downloads" for a Power Point game called "Who Wants to be a Volunteer" to use for the quiz AFTER training is complete
#2 Skillful Screening Training
- See "Downloads" for an Application Form, Interview Form, and Reference Check List
#3 Appropriate Criminal Background Check
#4 Tailored Policies and Procedures
- See "Downloads" for a Sample Policy that can be edited
- Contact Rev. Cortney Coombs email@example.com to schedule a workshop at your local church to help you develop procedures for your unique space and needs.
#5 Monitoring, Oversight, and Reporting
Church of the Nazarene video for promotion of Nazarene Safe
Nazarene Safe for Kids:
Would you like to teach your children age appropriate information about how to be safe?
Rev. Cortney Coombs can be scheduled to teach a children's safety class called Nazarene Safe for Kids.
Contact her for further information @ 765-513-0176 or firstname.lastname@example.org
See "Downloads" for a list of Suggested Children's Literature for Teaching about Body Safety
Need help or have questions:
Contact NEI Nazarene Safe Coordinator, Deven Swan email@example.com or Rev. Cortney Coombs firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply to be a CAMP COUNSELOR HERE